Please note that any content posted by you onto the Site, including but not limited to reviews, photos, questions, or profile updates, becomes published content and is publicly available for anyone in the world to view. AppointPal will display this content on the Site and may distribute it through other third-party sites and services in its sole discretion.
Information AppointPal Collects
Information AppointPal receives from you:
- You provide us with personal information when you register on the Site. This information may include: first and last name, geographic location, email address, username and password.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site. For example, you may provide us with your first and last name, telephone number, email address and desired treatment when you fill out a form to be connected to a provider.
- You may also provide us with personal information when you update your account or through your participation in asking providers questions on the Site.
- You may also provide AppointPal with personal information in order to participate in various activities on the Site such as entering giveaways or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists or completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- You may provide personal information through communications or chats with other users on the Site. You understand that other users may contact you through direct messages and comments on the Site. Any messages that you send to other users through the Site may not be private or confidential if either you or the recipient of the message discloses it to another person or chooses to publicly post it. In addition, AppointPal may monitor these messages and not deliver the message if AppointPal, in its sole discretion, believes the messages are spam, fraudulent or otherwise violate the AppointPal Terms of Service.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
- You also provide AppointPal with your information when you use certain features on the Site, such as submitting reviews, comments, questions and other postings on the Site ("User Contributions"). You understand that your User Contributions are published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. Your username (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post User Contributions to the Site. If you use your first or last name as part of your username or your username is discoverable on the internet, then you are making this personal information publicly available and understand that other users may view this personal information and may be able to identify you from this personal information. AppointPal cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with respect to your User Contributions.
Information AppointPal collects automatically:
- Log File Information. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. AppointPal collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Web Beacons. When you use the Site, we may employ third party web beacons or "clear gifs" which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. AppointPal uses web beacons in order to measure the effectiveness of our offerings and content.
- Location Information and Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, AppointPal may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your mobile device or tablet. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, then AppointPal may be able to collect your general location information from your IP address. AppointPal may use this information to provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location. If you are accessing the Site through a mobile device or tablet and you do not want to share your precise geolocation information with AppointPal, then you may be able to turn off this feature on your mobile device or tablet. AppointPal may also collect information it receives from your devices when you access the Site including: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
Information AppointPal receives from other sources
- AppointPal may also receive personal information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How AppointPal Uses Information
AppointPal uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to backup our systems and to provide customer support. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
We use your personal information
- To provide our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests.
- To provide other services requested by you such as to connect you to other users or providers on the Site. If you send direct messages or electronic messages through AppointPal to other users, please note that AppointPal may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you or the recipient of the message to manage them. When contacting you to connect you to providers on the Site, AppointPal may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply.
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services.
- To investigate illegal activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site.
- To validate the authenticity of and display the reviews and other content provided by you to other users.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site.
- To customize advertising you may see on our Site.
- To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires.
- To contact you by email or through your account to notify you of major Site changes.
- To measure the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it.
With your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, AppointPal also uses your personal information:
- To send commercial or marketing messages.
- To provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location.
- To customize advertising you may see on third party websites.
- To provide you with marketing from third parties.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
When AppointPal Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
- We do share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Site.
- We do allow the display of User Contributions available through the Site by our third party partners.
Fulfill Your Requests
We will use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, service desired and questions or comments through a form, then AppointPal will disclose this information to the providers in your area. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through this form, then you understand and consent to AppointPal and/or the provider sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. The information you provide through this form is not used by AppointPal for any other purpose.
- We do not share your personal information (such as name or email address) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
- We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. AppointPal may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of investigations into the use and operation of the Site.
- AppointPal also reserves the right to disclose personal information that AppointPal believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of AppointPal, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that AppointPal is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
AppointPal strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us, and we understand that you have rights in your personal information such as: the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict the use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case AppointPal may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- You can access, review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and visiting your account profile page.
- If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our Site or other products or services, you can opt-out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
- You may also close your account by emailing us at email@example.com. AppointPal will disassociate your User Contributions from your account. However, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. In addition, AppointPal will continue to retain certain information about you in accordance with the privacy practices in this policy or if required to do so as a result of a legal obligation.
- In order to fulfill the above requests, AppointPal may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Further, your right to access your personal information may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access.
- If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements, for analytics or remarketing services, then you may opt-out as described below.
- AppointPal may use Google AdWords, which is a remarketing service provided by Google. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. In addition, Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for your web browser, which is available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This tool provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Our Commitment to Data Security
AppointPal uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. For example, to protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, AppointPal makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If AppointPal learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. AppointPal may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting the privacy of children is important to AppointPal. For that reason, AppointPal does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If AppointPal learns that personal information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then AppointPal will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Visiting appointpal.com from outside the United States
Retention of Personal Information
California Privacy Rights for California Residents
California residents may request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by AppointPal to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As noted above, AppointPal does not disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have first agreed to such disclosure. However, if you would like to make such a request, then please contact AppointPal at email@example.com.
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from AppointPal may be recorded and monitored by us. AppointPal records and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. AppointPal retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
AppointPal currently does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for such signals.
AppointPal does not use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.
Last Modified on December 8, 2018.